[arch-general] My end-user $0.02 on /etc/rc.conf splitting.

Christoph Vigano mail at cvigano.de
Tue Jul 24 10:59:53 EDT 2012

Am 7/24/2012 4:51 PM, schrieb Mantas Mikulėnas:
> On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 5:07 PM, Heiko Baums <lists at baums-on-web.de> wrote:
>> Yes, I don't like those Windoze like ini files of systemd, too.
>
> I honestly don't know if this is serious. What is the difference
> between a "key=value" rc.conf and a "key=value" ini file of systemd?

I think he refers to those sections: [Unit], [Service], [Install] and
whatnot, I have not explored all of those yet.

But, those are not Windows-like INI-Files. Those files are meant to be
following some XDG Desktop File Descripton Standard Whose Name I Not Now
(tm), making them easy parseable by existing libraries and programs that
implement this standard.

They are not enforced to be following this standard (show itself if you
have a type=forking .service and define multiple ExecStartPost sections
for instance), but are encouraged to be.

It's all in the documentation ;)

But yes, in the end all of those are key=value pairs.

--
AUR: kritztopf
BBS: kritter