[arch-general] My end-user $0.02 on /etc/rc.conf splitting.

Karol Blazewicz karol.blazewicz at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 11:01:39 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 4:51 PM, Mantas Mikulėnas <grawity at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 5:07 PM, Heiko Baums <lists at baums-on-web.de> wrote:
>> Yes, I don't like those Windoze like ini files of systemd, too.
>
> I honestly don't know if this is serious. What is the difference
> between a "key=value" rc.conf and a "key=value" ini file of systemd?

+1
I'm not a dev, but the ini files seem pretty user friendly - I liked
them back on Windows too.

I think maybe we should use our user pages in the wiki to put our
thoughts into coherent writing, add links to back up our opinions etc.
This could bring some order to the discussion, help dispelling myths
and get rid oversimplifications.