[arch-general] My end-user $0.02 on /etc/rc.conf splitting.

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Tue Jul 24 20:22:07 EDT 2012

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 1:46 AM, Heiko Baums <lists at baums-on-web.de> wrote:
> Seriously, who reads source codes? Manpages usually only explain the
> parameters, not the design of the software and how it works. There may
> be some other documentations, I haven't yet seen any.

Overview of the bootprocess under systemd:
http://0pointer.de/public/systemd-man/bootup.html
Some info about old- and new-style daemons:
http://0pointer.de/public/systemd-man/daemon.html
Some general info about the systemd daemon:
http://0pointer.de/public/systemd-man/systemd.html
Lots and lots of man-pages documenting every little part of systemd:
http://0pointer.de/public/systemd-man/

More info about systemd, including links to Lennart's blogs, which
explain things in a more understandable way than the man-pages:
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/

> Now I know that you can explain things. So why not do it if you find
> that someone doesn't know enough about what's talked about? Nobody
> expects that you write a second documentation, but explaining some
> details can sometimes help.

Sure, whenever people ask something I try my best to explain what I
can. My comment was aimed at those who pretend to know without doing
their research.

-t