[arch-general] My end-user $0.02 on /etc/rc.conf splitting.

Nelson Marambio nelsonmarambio at gmx.de
Wed Jul 25 01:22:28 EDT 2012

Am 25.07.2012 02:00, schrieb Heiko Baums:
> Am Tue, 24 Jul 2012 11:31:22 -0500
[...]
And it's the most frequent reason why Windoze regularly
> (usually every 3 months) needs to be reinstalled.
>
> Heiko

Good morning,

that is / was right for Win 98 or Win ME. Having an exception error
which was caused by damaged registry files always meant a reset to state
short after the OS-installation, so all the drivers and programs had to
be re-installed.

But my XP-Installation ran more than five years stable though being
"stressed" by many test-installations of applications. Does not mean
that XP or Win 7 is going to make an admin feel happy - but yes, there
was an improvement, at least for the users.

Nelson.