[arch-general] My end-user $0.02 on /etc/rc.conf splitting.

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Wed Jul 25 05:14:57 EDT 2012

Am Wed, 25 Jul 2012 07:51:15 +0200 (CEST)
schrieb okraits at arcor.de:

> this is simply not true.

Sorry, but this is simply true. I know Windoze XP and I had to use it
long enough, far too long.

> First of all, starting with Windows XP the stability of Windows (yes,
> Windows, not Windoze) got much better and there are very few crashes
> which are mostly related to driver issues, IMO.

Much better? Slightly better! And, yes, Windoze.

> Secondly, Windows doesn't need to be reinstalled every 3 months. Come
> on, most companies use Windows on their desktops and they don't need
> to reinstall them every 3 months. And their employees actually can
> work with their computers.

I used Windoze long enough. And I had to reinstall it every 3 months,
and I know a lot of people who also had to do it this often. Since
Windoze XP it was maybe not every 3 months anymore, but still often
enough.

> And i don't say this because i like Windows but because i'm realistic
> and not unfair. I don't live in a world where one system is perfect
> and the others are all completely crap. If you think that Windows is
> completely bad then you're not professional.

I am realistic and professional, because I speak from experience, like
I said before more than 25 years. Windoze is completely bad. Otherwise
I wouldn't get fits of raving madness every time I have to work with
this crap, which is fortunately not too often anymore.

> BTW: pacman.conf is written in an ini-style as well.

Not really.

Heiko