[arch-general] [Bulk] Re: My end-user $0.02 on /etc/rc.conf splitting.

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Jul 25 13:07:29 EDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-07-25 at 18:54 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> L. Poettering takes photos from himself in front of the mirror (google!)
> very often and publishes them by the Internet. I'm a pro-audio user. How
> many pro-audio cards are working with PA? L. Poettering, the boy with
> the same haircut as Bill Gates, blames the ALSA driver, but with jack
> and ALSA there are no issues.
>
> I don't like consolekit and systemd seems to improve this, anyway, ...
>
> Splitting /etc/rc.conf isn't bad per se and claiming that XP needs to be
> restored/reinstalled every quarter of a year is nonsense.

Resume:

I don't like L. Poettering (I don't know him personally, so I might be
completely wrong), I don't like pulseaudio (for good reasons), I don't
have knowledge about systemd, but I'm willing to learn.

What has got Windows to do with that? And why needs a Windows admin to
reinstall it ever 3 month? An admin should fix issues. Many users are
able to install it every 3 month them selfs.

And what has all that to do with /etc/rc.conf splitting?