[arch-general] Joining mp3's --> Floating point exceptionffmpeg

Nelson Marambio nelsonmarambio at gmx.de
Wed Jul 25 15:25:00 EDT 2012

Am 25.07.2012 20:54, schrieb pants:
> On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 08:26:37PM +0200, Nelson Marambio wrote:
>> Does anyone have an advice for me ? Have the suitable parameters for
>> ffmpeg changed ? Or is the ffmpeg-call obsolete meanwhile (it seemed
>> to be necessary for fixing the audio-header concering track length)
>> ?
>
> Despite the chance that someone here will be able to help you, I suspect
> you'd get along far better on the ffmpeg mailing list (or whatever
> support medium they use).
>
>> As to my knowledge the script worked fine for a few months then, I
>> think after an update of ffmpeg, the trouble shown above began.
>
> I would take a look at the ffmpeg changelogs from that time period to
> see if they contain anything relevant.
>
> Good luck,
>
> pants.

Consulting my pkg cache it was the upgrade from 0.9.2
(ffmpeg-20120509-1-i686.pkg.tar.xz) to 0.11.1 . But browsing the
changelog sounds rather positive [1], [2] - especially the contributions
from Daniel Krang and Michael Niedermayer on [2].

UPDATE: running the script a second time, error messages get more detailed:

[mp3 @ 0x8396940] Header missing

Now it's interesting to find out the corrupt mp3-file among the 27 of
the drama. ^^

[1]
http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git&a=search&h=n0.11.1&st=commit&s=acodec+copy
[2]