[arch-general] systemd network configuration

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 25 18:47:22 EDT 2012

> Thanks! I will be testing this (and a few other things) just as soon
> as I work my courage up to try a reboot. I know you're supposed to
> test one thing at a time. This situation doesn't really allow that. :-/

Can you not find the space to create images or dumps, so that you can
try again if need be. Or do you have a massive root partition.

As root you could.

Backup / likely with (check if root is /dev/sda in /etc/fstab and you
may need /var, /usr too)

/bin/dd if=/dev/sda bs=32k | /bin/gzip > /home/dave/sda-backup.gz

If you have problems boot the cd mount your home and restore / with

/bin/cat /home/dave/sda-backup.gz | /bin/gunzip | /bin/dd bs=32k
of=/dev/sda

Or use clonezilla