[arch-general] Systemd : Analysis of reactions of Users

Oon-Ee Ng ngoonee.talk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 04:48:30 EDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 4:30 PM, Jayesh Badwaik
<jayesh.badwaik90 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for reading such a long mail if you have reached this far!

I read it, and all I have to say is that you obviously haven't done
much (or any?) reading on systemd. That should be a pre-requisite to
posting a request for information, and it IS if you're an Arch (DIY)
user.

Just a short summary of the misconceptions there, systemd does not
'replace text files with binary equivalents', it is not a
piece-by-piece replacement (which invalidates quite a few of the
hopeful suggestions you have there).

Actually, re-reading that, I'm not sure you understand too much about
how initscripts work (and what they do) either. Not that I'm an expert
myself, but when you say 'booting from text files' that does give a
bad impression.... those are bash scripts, to start with.