[arch-general] Systemd : Analysis of reactions of Users

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Jul 26 06:59:29 EDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-07-26 at 12:31 +0200, Alexandre Ferrando wrote:
> On 26 July 2012 12:07, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> > I don't claim to be an expert, I already mentioned that I'm a dummy. So
> > again: Is Linux in the future for experts only?
> >

> Arch has always been targeted towards a competent userbase, if you're
> not that kind of person, there's still distros that don't require you
> to tinker with your system (ubuntu, fedora, suse, mint, mandriva /
> mageia etc...)

I run Ubuntu, Debian, Suse and Arch. Until now I'm able to handle this,
but I don't know any German city or company using Linux anymore ... of
course, there are a few exceptions, I'm aware of them. Arch is the less
painful distro I know, so the recommendation to switch to another
distro, especially to distros I already use is stupid.

Did you ever take a look how many men and how many women are subscribed
to Linux mailing lists? ... Sorry, I tend to become OT, but back to the
topic. Are you and some others really interested in getting an OS for
everybody, or do you enjoy to be one of the few experts?

I'm not against systemd, I just wish to be able to get some explanation,
in German!

Thank you for the links you'll send me, that are understandable and
short enough so that everybody is able to read and understand them
within three hours.

Regards,
Ralf