[arch-general] Systemd : Analysis of reactions of Users

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 26 08:27:38 EDT 2012

> "systemctl list-unit-files" gives a very nice and quick overview.
> Otherwise you can use "tree /etc/systemd/system" if that is what you
> prefer. I don't see the point of doing that, but if that's what floats
> your boat, it should give you the same information without the use of
> a tool.

The point as I have said is a universal textual interface
that even strings /dev/sda | grep DAEMONS could pickup without
difficulty. It may not be such an important point but if I am editing
configs on one system I shouldn't need to ssh to a system with
systemctl or boot said system.

tree: command not found

but I could use find etc..

So fair enough in this context but I still believe it leaves the issue
of seperating daemon executions from anything else etc.. On Arch we
still have DAEMONS perhaps for a good while or forever, so that's cool.