[arch-general] Systemd : Analysis of reactions of Users

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Thu Jul 26 09:00:23 EDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 2:58 PM, Baho Utot <baho-utot at columbus.rr.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, July 26, 2012 05:22:09 PM Oon-Ee Ng wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 5:17 PM, Ralf Mardorf
>>
>> <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
>> >
>> > Exactly, but what is better when we need to use irrational cryptic text
>> > files to set up or Linux, instead of easy to understand bash scrips?
>>
>> Yeah, because key=value pairs are more complicated then, you know, a
>> programming language? Its not like systemd even prevents you from
>> USING bash if you feel it should be an integral part of the init
>> system.

Because in 99.9% of cases you do not need to use bash... However, just
in case some people have some requirements that are not covered by
systemd yet, then it is possible to fall back to bash as before.
Meaning we get huge benefits in almost all cases, and are no worse
than before in the remaining few....

-t