[arch-general] My end-user $0.02 on /etc/rc.conf splitting.

Martin Cigorraga msx at archlinux.us
Thu Jul 26 12:46:08 EDT 2012

On 26 July 2012 11:05, Nicolas Sebrecht <nsebrecht at piing.fr> wrote:

> Hackers know C. Admins don't hack and write scripts, too often poorly;
> whatever my statement will hurt readers or not.

I can't speak for other sysadmins but that myth about "excellence"
scripting usually doesn't apply in the real life when you have to deal
with mixed environments often poorly implemented, you're allways on a
rush and sometimes you simply don't have the time to code pretty: most of
the times you need something that just works.
Ugly hacks are a fact in sysadmins life and it will not prevent me from
sleep
like a baby :)

--
-msx