[arch-general] gimp 2.8 - How to change gtk controls back to normal?

drankinatty drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Jul 26 20:55:50 EDT 2012

Guys,

  Working with gimp 2.8, all of the slider controls are now these
awkward highlighted regions instead of being normal sliders. How can I
change the interface to get the normal gtk controls back. Here is what I
see for all the slider controls:

http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/bugs/Archlinux/gtk-gimp28.jpg

  When you mouseover a control, you get a double-arrow and you can slide
back and forth, but you can no longer click anywhere inside the widget
and have it jump by '10' up or down as you could before. I use that jump
by 10 all the time to adjust opacity, hue, saturation, etc.

  The new widgets are patently unusable in that regard. Can it be done
without a gimp rebuild?