[arch-general] Systemd : Analysis of reactions of Users

Mike mkgmafbt at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 07:13:34 EDT 2012

On 27/07/12 09:18, Nicolas Sebrecht wrote:
> The 27/07/12, Mike wrote:
>
>> Instead of fixing such problems we need something new that's broken too?
> You have to know that fixing was tried more than once with various
> approaches along time. Parallelism is one of the best-known of these
> failed attempts. Smart logs, correct error reporting are other examples.
>
> It's very hard to fix all the issues of init scripts. Some issues even
> appeared to be nearly impossible to solve.

I'm aware of that, but that doesn't mean one can't fix them. Nobody
said, that the code base of sysvinit shouldn't be modified.
The problem with parallelism is to make sure that all dependencies are
met. That works in systemd if and only if the unit files are done right
(tm),
this isn't any different to, e.g.  upstart