[arch-general] [signoff] btrfs-progs

Leonidas Spyropoulos artafinde at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 15:32:13 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 8:04 PM, Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Seems not many of us yet use btrfs, I therefore would like to ask if
> any users can signoff on the btrfs-progs in testing (i.e. verify that
> the package appears to work).

I use btrfs for 3 years now the last 2 is my root and home partitions
(with regular backups).
I am not using testing repository, I can enable it and test
btrfs-progs. I usually just compile and install btrfs-progs from
Hugo's repository with latest patches.

> In particular, I'm interested to hear if someone who uses btrfs-progs
> and initscripts from testing could verify that the multi-device
> support still works? If you have the btrfs hook in your initramfs,
> then please enable udev too and regenerate the image to verify that
> that also still works.

Unfortunately none of my computers have multi-device btrfs now, used
to have one for testing a couple of years ago

> For those who are interested: the change we made was to scan btrfs
> devices for multi-device support using udev rules as the devices
> appear rather than doing it unconditionally after "all the devices
> should be ready". This approach should hopefully be more reliable than
> the old one.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tom

Let me know if I can otherwise help.

--
Caution: breathing may be hazardous to your health.

#include <stdio.h>
int main(){printf("%s","\x4c\x65\x6f\x6e\x69\x64\x61\x73");}