[arch-general] Testing question

Florian Pritz bluewind at xinu.at
Fri Jul 27 16:20:06 EDT 2012

On 27.07.2012 22:11, Leonidas Spyropoulos wrote:
> Is there a way to enable the testing repo and install updates (with
> pacman -Suyy) from the other repositories and only install updates
> from testing if I explicitly mention it with some pacman command?

Move [testing] below [extra] and [core] in pacman.conf. Do the same for
[community-testing] and use pacman -S testing/whatever to install stuff.

Just remember that you can run into problems if you do that, since this
is somewhat similar to incomplete updates and pacman won't automatically
pull newer dependencies from [testing].

--
Florian Pritz