[arch-general] tty0 not available anymore with systemd

C Anthony Risinger anthony at xtfx.me
Sun Jul 29 05:31:28 EDT 2012

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 4:19 AM, Mantas Mikulėnas <grawity at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 8:59 AM, C Anthony Risinger <anthony at xtfx.me> wrote:
>> On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 6:15 PM, Karol Babioch <karol at babioch.de> wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> Unfortunately this didn't work. It was enabled already anyway.
>>
>> the link isn't broken, right? pointing to, say, /lib/systemd/...
>
> Good point, but I think systemd only cares about the target's basename
> anyway? I remember having several such broken links during early
> usrmove.

yeah you're probably right -- i also recall several machines with
broken links that worked fine (so fine in fact, that i did not notice
the links were broken for a good week or so).

i'd like to see a `tree /etc/systemd` on Karol's machine ...

(aside: btw, Karol, you and i have the same first name, but the K
makes it much kewler ... but i digress ;-)

>> most of my getty at tty1.service are an empty file which is then `chattr
>> +i` ...
>
> I prefer `systemctl mask` and pacman's NoExtract, but I suppose that's
> the same thing.

hrm, i thought it was doing it in post_install but i dunno ... for a
long time it was installing directly to /etc/systemd/[...] but i'm not
sure it's even doing that anymore.

good point about you're methods -- i knew about the mask part (which
links to /dev/null ... i think :-) but i had forgotten about the
pacman stuff, thanks.

--

C Anthony