[arch-general] My end-user $0.02 on /etc/rc.conf splitting.

Guus Snijders gsnijders at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 12:10:35 EDT 2012

Op 29 jul. 2012 17:11 schreef "Anthony ''Ishpeck''
Tedjamulia" <archlinux at ishpeck.net> het volgende:

> On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 12:20:10AM +0300, Menachem Moystoviz wrote:
[...]

> Daemontools has been working sufficiently well for my purposes.
> It's lean, robust, and I'm a fan of the exec chain.
>
> > For this
> > reason, while we should add compatibility for systemd, we shouldn't
> > force it down the users throats.
>
> How do you add support in this way?

Use a script to parse the systemd unit files. If you let the admin
configure which daemons to start, then you mainly have to use the execstart
lines, i guess.

The arch init scripts are still suported, btw.

mvg, Guus