[arch-general] BTRFS USB key fails to boot

Kyle kyle at gmx.ca
Mon Jul 30 19:57:51 EDT 2012

According to Zhengyu Xu:
#Did you add usb and btrfs to the hooks array in your mkinitcpio.conf?

Forgot to mention it, but yes I did.

 According to "Δημήτρης Ζέρβας":
#is it actually safe to format an usb flash to btrfs? won't it destroy
#the
#flash because of the read/writes?

The BTRFS documentation and other related information indicate that a BTRFS filesystem mounted with the noatime and either the ssd or ssd_spread options is safe on solid state disks including nand-based USB flash, and all indications are that thisis either as safe or safer than ext4. I guess I could try a simple ext2 filesystem, but where's the fun in that? :)
~Kyle
--
Kyle is a droid.
The whole world knows it.