[arch-general] systemd

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 1 21:05:18 EDT 2012

On Sat, 2 Jun 2012 01:06:34 +0200
Tom Gundersen wrote:

> Check out all the manpages that come with systemd (there are a lot of them).

I hope they are mainly for extra functionality.

I've never ever had to look at anything but the init scripts
themselves to configure the init scripts on OpenBSD.

I say OpenBSD because unlike Arch mythbuntu makes me Google every few
fscking releases (upstart) on my tvs with the latest auto upgrade
breaking the backend init. Editing symlinks, running init tools,
rcupdate or whatever it is has no effect despite indicating they do.

The mythtv backend setup can't even run the backend. I have to do it
manually. It was only installed a few weeks before the upgrade. I'll sit
down and sort it out some time, but what a pointless nause.