[arch-general] heimdal dependency preventing upgrade? (it's not even installed? )

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sat Jun 2 01:56:36 EDT 2012

guys,

  Trying to update tonight and I ran into a problem where the install failed due
to a heimdal dependency. heimdal isn't even installed. The output looked like:

00:48 nirvana:~> pmsu -w
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community is up to date
 archlinuxfr is up to date
 aaany is up to date
 aapkg is up to date
 kdemod3 is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade...
warning: audiofile: ignoring package upgrade (0.3.2-1 => 0.3.4-1)
warning: shadow: ignoring package upgrade (4.1.4.3-5 => 4.1.5-4)
:: Replace sqlite3-doc with extra/sqlite-doc? [Y/n]
:: Replace sqlite3-tcl with extra/sqlite-tcl? [Y/n]
:: Replace udev with core/systemd-tools? [Y/n]
resolving dependencies...
warning: dependency cycle detected:
warning: systemd-tools will be installed before its util-linux dependency
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: kdemod3-kdelibs: requires heimdal
:: kdemod3-kdesdk-base: requires heimdal

  The odd part is I've been using this save desktop for 2 years as we work
toward the next 3.14 TDE release coming shortly. Whey would heimdal suddenly
appear as a dependency when it was never complained about as a dependency before?

  Any thoughts of where to look? Could this be triggered by udev deletion? How?
What say the experts?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.