[arch-general] PKGBUILD-perl.proto

Myra Nelson myra.nelson at hughes.net
Sat Jun 2 12:56:12 EDT 2012

While working on some AUR packages, I took a look at the PKGBUILD
prototypes that come with pacman. The one difference that I had a
question about has to do with this snippet:

_author=AUTHOR_NAME

_perlmod=MODNAME

pkgname=perl-$_perlmod

pkgver=VERSION

Since the MODNAME package being downloaded is, major caveat --usually,
BackPAN-Index-0.40.tar.gz that would make the pkgname
perl-BackPAN-Index-$pkgver[whatever]. A quick survey of the Arch
package database still shows packages still named like
perl-backpan-index-$pkgver[whatever]. I've yet to use the pkgname
style, but was wondering if this is the future of perl package naming?

Myra