[arch-general] archlinux install failed

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Sun Jun 3 10:02:04 EDT 2012

I was using the material on the archlinux wiki page in arch-linux for the
blind and ran into an error.
Instruction 5 started the problem in which alsa-utils and espeakup and
speakup get copied to the machine.  I was told no updates were done and
that no servers were configured for pacman when I tried to do that
instruction.  The thing is, that instruction is in my braille notes from
quite a while ago exactly as it appears in the wiki and at the time I
installed archlinux using those notes no such problem happened.  Has
something changed with the remote repos I should know about or is
something else going on?