[arch-general] /usr/bin/X: error while loading shared libraries: libudev.so.0:

Leonid Isaev lisaev at umail.iu.edu
Mon Jun 4 08:23:07 EDT 2012

On Mon, 4 Jun 2012 10:57:11 +0100
"P .NIKOLIC" <p.nikolic1 at btinternet.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Jun 2012 15:42:30 +0800
> Oon-Ee Ng <ngoonee.talk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 2:34 PM, P .NIKOLIC
> > > Since you  seem to be in snotty mode  that i neither asked for nor
> > > required.   if the mirrors were up to date then this sort of thing
> > > would not happen  , So Needs must  , I update this machine everyday
> > > for several days i have been told nothing to do when i run "pacman
> > > -Syu" so maybe there is a mirrors problem  sorry but not my
> > > department.
> > >
> > > If there is new stuff out there and it dont hit the UK mirrors i am
> > > in the UK why should i use German mirrors .
> >
> > Yeah, because the best response to a partially upgraded local mirror
> > is to whine about how you should be able to use it (in a fairly
> > parochial manner as well) rather than:-
> > a) reporting it to the person in charge of the mirror
> > b) changing mirrors
> > c) actually doing anything productive which isn't ill-advised
>

> Well the answer once again is simple   where is the published list of
> who controls which mirror then it would be reportable  would it not

Well, first all mirrors I named are not German but US. Second, please don't
bother mirror admins every time their mirror gets out of sync -- I assume they
(just like everyone) have problems with ISP/network and most likely know about
these issues well before you do.

--
Leonid Isaev
GnuPG key: 0x164B5A6D