[arch-general] Bash/term takes long time at first run each boot?

Corin Schedler corin at dubdromic.com
Wed Jun 6 21:48:18 EDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 06, 2012 at 07:08:59PM -0500, Jonathan E. Brickman wrote:
> When I run any terminal emulator for the first time after a reboot,
> it takes a long time for Bash to come up, the window is blank for
> 10-20 seconds.  On a quad AMD X4 with 4G RAM.  Started after
> updates, don't know which ones.  Anyone got a suggestion, or a good
> way to diagnose?

I've had a similar problem in the past: after a reboot I'd try and log
in and the prompt would hang for 10-20 seconds. It ended up being
pulseaudio. I disabled autospawn in /etc/pulse/client.conf and it
fixed the issue. You might try that?

What's in your $TERM's config file? .bashrc, .zshrc, etc. Or, more
generally, /etc/profile?