[arch-general] update problem maybe ..

Geoffroy PLANQUART geoffroy at planquart.fr
Thu Jun 7 15:08:52 EDT 2012

On Jun 7, 2012, at 9:06 PM, Kacper Żuk wrote:

> W dniu 07.06.2012 21:04, P .NIKOLIC pisze:
>> Hi
>>
>> Just done a "pacman -Syu"  i get the following error below
>> is there a recomended way around the problem of  var/lock and var/run
>> is it safe to delete them to update .
>>

> Check http://www.archlinux.org/news/filesystem-upgrade-manual-intervention-required-1/

I just resolved the problem on my server, you can stop the services that have files in /var/run and /var/lock.
Then delete the directories and create the symlink.

I managed to get it work without stopping all services (remote control via ssh).

And as mentionned by Javier & Kacper:
http://www.archlinux.org/news/filesystem-upgrade-manual-intervention-required-1/