[arch-general] [cdrecord] Problems with original cdrecord on latest linux kernel

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Sun Jun 10 01:24:18 EDT 2012

Your drive could need cleaning, or have worn out, or in some way have
been disconnected.  Those kind of drives have to be replaced every so
often.  If it's a usb drive, have you done a modprobe usbmass yet?  If
not, that may be all you need to get things going.  If you read dmesg
does the cd drive even show up as a valid device now?  If not, maybe
insmod usbmass will fix that and get you burning.