[arch-general] [cdrecord] Problems with original cdrecord on latest linux kernel

Lukáš Jirkovský l.jirkovsky at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 07:51:12 EDT 2012

On 10 June 2012 11:57, Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no> wrote:
> The module-load.d directory is supported by us, as well as all distros
> using systemd. So Jörg, you might consider including this upstream, if
> it is the sg module is really needed.

Tom, Jörg,
nice to see you two interested.

Tom, I don't know much about this modules-load.d stuff. Does it work
with plain udev? Otherwise it wouldn't help much including that file
for users that doesn't use systemd (and I'm one of them).

On 10 June 2012 12:46, Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no> wrote:
> I could not find much about it, but if anyone is interested I found a
> few sources [0][1]. Notice that the motivation for this stuff seems to
> be cdrecord[2], so it is very strange that this has not been brought
> to your attention before.

Yeah, I'm pretty surprised that the developer arguments with cdrecord
without contacting Jörg beforehand. Anyway, the motivation might be to
use the SCSI numbers instead of random numbers determined by udev.

Lukas