[arch-general] Mailing lists vs Forums

Jayesh Badwaik jayesh.badwaik90 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 14:25:17 EDT 2012

On Sunday 10 Jun 2012 19:14:19 Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering, what amount of Arch users and developers
> use the mailing lists in comparison to the number of people
> registered to the Arch Forums?
>
> Can we have some basic mailing lists statistics anywhere posted?
>
> Personally, I prefer mailing lists, but I noticed the Forums traffic
> is order of magnitude larger than the traffic on the lists.
>
> Best regards,

I don't think I answer your question directly but still...
I believe people who use a desktop mail client prefer mailing list while
those who use the web interface for mail like gmail.com etc prefer
forums. This especially works if you are a long term mailing list user
and use POP3 mail and hence can search for question using your mail
client search.
--
Jayesh Badwaik
stop html mail      | always bottom-post