[arch-general] Mailing lists vs Forums

Oon-Ee Ng ngoonee.talk at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 04:31:18 EDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 1:37 PM, Mihamina Rakotomandimby
<mihamina at rktmb.org> wrote:
> On 06/10/2012 09:14 PM, Mateusz Loskot wrote:
>>
>> Personally, I prefer mailing lists,
>

> So do I.
> Mailing list is, in my VERY humble opinion, the place where you find higher
> quality discussion than on web forums.
>
> But, that's just my opinion.

As a forum moderator I concur. Having said that however, I believe its
important that new users are directed to the forums first so that the
MLs can be kept as clean as possible (moderating a ML is a different
kettle of fish from moderating a forum).