[arch-general] Shutdown and reboot not working after last weekend update

Victor Silva vfbsilva at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 16:22:43 EDT 2012

I got a ubuntu livecd with gparted lets see what happens. About using
thesystem as root. I only run pacman related commands as root have  a user
I use for mostly day tasks. This user is *NOT* on sudo, basically cause I
like to enforce my self to login as root and think about what I'm doing.
Also sudo is cumbersome to use in some instances as buil-in commands are
not avaliable.

So the only thing I've run as root was the pacman -Syu and followed the
arch announces regarding the updates. Nothing bad there I'mho. And the
problem I'm facing now has nothing to do with my system usage. Imho either
I have a bad sector or something went broken for some instances of the
system like mine or the other guy who also reported on the forums.

Regards,
Victor