[arch-general] Virtualbox USB issues after upgrade

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Jun 12 16:50:35 EDT 2012

Hi,

I'm running XP SP2 on Vbox, to handle an iPad2 by iTunes via USB cable.

I already had issues in the past, but after an Arch update today sync,
recovery, any similar operation doesn't work anymore, regarding to USB
issues.
I didn't update Arch and sync an iPad by Vbox/iTunes for a long time.

Apple about iTunes and issues: "OS virtualization or emulation software
may cause restore errors." "Error 1604 This error is often related to
USB timing."

[spinymouse at archlinux ~]$ uname -a
Linux archlinux 3.3.8-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Jun 5 15:20:32 CEST 2012
x86_64 GNU/Linux
[spinymouse at archlinux ~]$ pacman -Qi virtualbox
Name           : virtualbox
Version        : 4.1.16-1

In the past I sometimes had to reconnect the iPad to Vbox, by Vbox's
"Devices > USB devices". Now there always is a connection, but I get USB
timing errors.

Any ideas how to get back a working Vbox?

Ciao,
Ralf