[arch-general] can not login after upgrade

Tasos Latsas tlatsas2000 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 07:12:23 EDT 2012

On 13/06/12 13:34, Arno Gaboury wrote:
> On 06/12/2012 10:19 PM, Kacper Żuk wrote:
[snip]
> As I have /usr on a separate partition, following your instructions
> solved my issue (the filesystem was not mounted at boot).
> With a live CD, I edited /etc/mkinitcpio.conf and added usr shutdown to
> the HOOKS line, then chroot, following the wiki, and run mkinitcpio -p
> linux.
>
> Now I can login my box :-)
>
> Maybe this workaround could be added to the Archlinux home page news :
> systemd-tools, as it could avoid this issue to all users with a separate
> /usr ?

This is documented here [1] and I don't think it was introduced in the
recent systemd-tools update but rather this was the case for some time
now [2]. If I'm not mistaken support for a separate /usr was enabled
around January in mkinitcpio [3].

Cheers

[1]
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Mkinitcpio#.2Fusr_as_a_separate_partition