[arch-general] shutdown problems

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Jun 13 10:05:31 EDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-02-16 at 14:19 +0100, Bjørn Øivind Bjørnsen wrote:
> Likewise, but since shutdown works from KDM, this has not bothered me
> enough to debug it quite yet.

You aren't confusing two different issues?
When I upgraded Xfce I lost the options to restart and to shut down for
the panel item. I still could log out by the panel item and than shut
down from GDM or what ever I'm using at the moment. However, I only had
to edit the panel item's preferences and got back the options to restart
and shut down. It was always possible to shut down by command line.
I'm not booted to my Arch, IIRC I didn't switch to systemd.
It's possible to be stricken by fleas and cooties at the same time,
however, there are less and more serious "shutdown problems" at the
moment.

- Ralf