[arch-general] *** GMX Spamverdacht *** Re: Muting internal speakers

Oon-Ee Ng ngoonee.talk at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 02:26:51 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 11:23 AM, ShichaoGao <xgdgsc at gmail.com> wrote:
> You can try instaling pulseaudio and pavucontrol , in pavucontrol you can
> set default device.

Which is only used for new streams (existing streams are not
automatically moved over). I have a small home-brew script which I use
to switch the default sink AND move all current streams to that new
default, but never figured out (didn't really try too hard) how to
automate it to plugging in/out of audio equipment. I think it wasn't
possible at that point in time to detect jack in or something like
that.