[arch-general] Arch box fine tuning

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 15 06:17:26 EDT 2012

> ... this will build you a kernel with only the bare minimum needed to
> fulfill your current state; any modules not loaded at this time will
> not be built.  you may still need to configure other features
> unrelated to modules.

I'd be interested to know what size your kernel is when you do that. I
know Linux kernels have been built at 16Kb or something silly but then
it couldn't actually do anything.

When I do this for OpenBSD I get it down to about a quarter of stock at
2 megabytes and there are no modules even on OpenBSD by default.