[arch-general] Black screen with linux-3.4.2

Karol Babioch karol at babioch.de
Fri Jun 15 08:21:49 EDT 2012

Hi,

I've recently upgraded to linux-3.4.2 only to endeavor that it isn't
bootable with my hardware. Basically my screen gets black during boot-up
and remains so without anything I can do about it.

I've got a Nvidia GPU (310M) driven by nouveau, which worked reasonably
fine for the last couple of months.

I can remember that there was exactly the same issue with kernels prior
to 2.6.38 (or 2.6.39?), so I'm quite unhappy about the regression.

I haven't looked much into it yet, just wanted to know whether anyone is
also affected by this and/or whether or not this is already known (to
the kernel developers)? Otherwise I would probably have to mail to some
kernel developing list, wouldn't I?

Best regards,
Karol Babioch