[arch-general] Muting internal speakers

Nelson Marambio nelsonmarambio at gmx.de
Fri Jun 15 14:37:47 EDT 2012

> You wrote that you're a newbie and that you use GNOME,
I am new to Arch but have used Linux for years already before. But there
were often problems with release upgrade, lately worse with Mint that is
a nice distro though. So I got Arch recommended as of its
bleeding-edge-style. I wouldn't be too optimistic that a complete Linux
newbie would be able to get Arch started.

> We know, we don't care. OTOH it's easy to edit the subject.
Indeed ! Right now I've whitelisted the ML-address in the GMX portal,

> However, you're welcome and I apologize for that idiotic pulse
> discussion. Again, everybody should have been aware that your card does
> work with PA and that it didn't automatically satisfies your need to
> auto-mute the speakers.

As I said in the OP it was just a question to use Arch even more
comfortable, not as a "must-have". If this comes to the conclusion that
my soundchip has no suitable kernel-support for this aspect yet then
this is ok for me.

Warm regards,
Nelson.