[arch-general] Totem segfaulting on start on a fully up-to-date archlinux with testing enabled.

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Jun 16 15:17:17 EDT 2012

On Sat, 2012-06-16 at 20:50 +0200, solsTiCe d'Hiver wrote:
> I just tried the nvidia 173.xx version (nvidia-173xx from AUR). It's
> working fine (almost).
>
> I never tried it, thinking it was for old hardware. But it's not. I
> guess, just an old branch/version with no support for the latest/newest
> shiny hardware/cg

It wasn't ironically. 173, I wasn't sure if it was ..3 (still had 3 in
mind), was my preferred version. I was and I'm serious!

I didn't run Arch, but Suse, Debian and Ubuntu and a "Debian and Ubuntu
derivative", 64Studio with 17x, while there already was 2x available,
IIRC.

I'm not hunting for latest software versions, I'm hunting for softwares
that in combination with other software and my available hardware, fit
to my needs and I freeze a stable Linux that fit to my needs, as long,
as possible. Hardware could irreparable brake, happened to me, or a
bonanza allows me to switch from a semi-pro to a pro-audio card,
happened to me ... thus an upgrade might be needed, happened to me.

;)

I prefer a rolling release to other releases, but I'm willing to freeze
a rolling release on my machine, as soon as I'm satisfied, as long as
possible.

Apologize, broken English, but I'm sure you understand ;).

Regards,
Ralf