[arch-general] gcc 4.7.1 - any estimate for Arch?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sat Jun 16 18:12:18 EDT 2012

On 06/16/2012 04:29 PM, Don deJuan wrote:
> On 06/16/2012 01:17 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
>>
>> On 06/15/2012 06:49 PM, Ionut Biru wrote:
>>> OMFG. Arch is not rolling anymore.
>>
>> WTF?
>>
>> - --
>> David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
>>

> Because you were asking basically right after that version released upstream. I
> cant find where it is said now, but some place on the Arch site, it says
> packages will be ready when they are ready.

  I'm not asking to be pushy. I simply was:

<quote>
Just checking on whether there are any hurdles to get over
before we see it in Arch. Thanks.
</quote>

  If not, then I know it will show up in a couple of days. If so, then it might
be in testing for a couple of weeks.

  Depending on which will determine how I allocate my time over the next few
days. Simply a planning issue really. I can't see anything that would require a
hold in testing between 4.7.0-6 and 4.7.1 -- but then "I don't know". That's why
I asked.

  To think such a simple question would draw such a snide and sarcastic response
is a disappointing reflection on how members are treated on this list. I know
how Arch works, that is precisely why I asked. Let's keep it constructive.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.