[arch-general] *** GMX Spamverdacht *** OT: PA raise it's ugly head again, oh no, please not that again, Was: Muting internal speakers

Nelson Marambio nelsonmarambio at gmx.de
Sun Jun 17 07:48:12 EDT 2012

Am 17.06.2012 13:11, schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
> On Sat, 2012-06-16 at 15:30 +0100, Kevin Chadwick wrote:
>> He may be a Troll for hijacking the thread, though I haven't followed
>> the thread closely enough to say so.
>
> He isn't a troll since there where stupid recommendations to install PA
> to a system where PA already is installed. The PA "fanboys" recommended
> it, before thinking and Heiko just said, that it's not smart to
> recommend PA, as soon as audio doesn't work.
>
>> You are a worse Troll because you haven't added any value at all.
>
> No, IIRC he was the only one who at least linked to a scrip that can be
> used with a shortcut or launcher and mentioned, that it might be
> possible to add some lines that take care of mounted USB devices.
>
> So again, much noise regarding to big nothing :D.

Agreed ! Still I wonder why the discussion hand to end up this way. At
least there were some constructive suggestions so to say from Oon-Ee,
Ralf, Mike and two more guys AFAIR.

To say it again I asked a quite technical question. The GENERAL
(dis-)advantages of related software (or with other needs) may be
discussable but then it also should be a separate discussion.

I will have a close look at Oon-Ee's script and poljarinho's module
hint. Guess one or both will work.

Best regards,
Nelson.