[arch-general] xf86-video-sisimedia problems.

marshall at brooklandsand.co.uk marshall at brooklandsand.co.uk
Sun Jun 17 09:22:54 EDT 2012

On 17 June 2012 at 13:17 Nelson Marambio <nelsonmarambio at gmx.de> wrote:

> According to the wiki [1], there is another driver xf86-video-sis which
> might work better. But of course you shouldn't have installed three
> drivers all together. :D
>
> I hope I could help you.
>
> [1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xf86-video-sis

Thank you very much for the pointers Nelson.
I now have it working with the extra/xf86-video-sisimedia driver and the
following xorg.conf

[marshall at jynx ~]$ cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Section "Module"
Load "dbe"
Load "i2c"
Load "bitmap"
Load "ddc"
Load "dri"
Load "extmod"
Load "freetype"
Load "glx"
Load "int10"
Load "vbe"
EndSection

Section "Device"
Identifier "Card0"
Driver "sisimedia"
Card "** SiS 771/761 [sis761]"
BusID "PCI:1:0:0"

Option "UseFBDev" "true"
Option "EnableSisCtrl" "yes"
#Option "ForceCRT1Type" "LCD"
#Option "ForceCRT2Type" "NONE"
Option "CRT2Detection" "true" #For me this worked better than forceing the
detection. If you use this comment out the two Force lines above this.
Option "CRT1Gamma" "on"
Option "CRT2Gamma" "on"
Option "Brightness" "0.000 0.000 0.000"
Option "Contrast" "0.000 0.000 0.000"