[arch-general] Time for new release?

Sven-Hendrik Haase sh at lutzhaase.com
Sun Jun 17 15:32:45 EDT 2012

Geoffroy PLANQUART <geoffroy at planquart.fr> wrote:

Hi everybody,

I'm currently on a school project and I run a dozen of virtual machines, all running Arch.

I noticed that every time I set up a new VM, I have to manually run the `pacman-key --init' and `pacman-key --populate archlinux'.

Wouldn't it be time to set up a new installation release? Thus new users wouldn't have to bother about pacman recent changes, and moreover the basic install would be kept simple, ready to use.

Geoffroy

You should really write to the arch releng list rather than here.