[arch-general] nvidia 295.59-1 dmesg output

gt static.vortex at gmx.com
Mon Jun 18 00:10:34 EDT 2012

On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 10:16:55AM -0700, Don deJuan wrote:
> Are you still seeing the output in the newest one that came after
> this update push? I am still seeing it. Not sure I really get what
> the issue even is.

Just upgraded to the latest driver, and yes i am still seeing it as
well. The issue is that nvidia has decided to warn people that these
framebuffer drivers may cause problems. They weren't supported earlier
too, but worked anyhow. But recently they are causing problems for some
people so nvidia thought it would be best to warn people about the use
of these drivers.

You must be having a vga= entry in your boot parameters, as do i. I
tried with vga=0 and didn't see this message.

See the following message by Uroš for more details.