[arch-general] nvidia 295.59-1 dmesg output

Rodrigo Rivas rodrigorivascosta at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 06:57:48 EDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 6:25 AM, Don deJuan <donjuansjiz at gmail.com> wrote:

> I do not seem to find any mention of VGA in the boot parameters. The only
> place I see it mentioned is in grub.cfg where it loads the modules before
> you even put your kernel info (insmod vga).

But I added what you said vga=0, to the kernel parameters and the message
> is now gone.

Maybe you are using GRUB2 with the GFX options this link talks about:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GRUB2#Setting_the_framebuffer_resolution

That probably has a similar effect to the "vga=" option in the command
line. Removing them, or adding "vga=0" (or both, to be extra safe) should
do.

--
Rodrigo