[arch-general] syslinux and grub

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 18:22:16 EDT 2012

Damjan said the following at 06/19/2012 03:45 PM :

> that grub thing in the wiki page is maybe a sloppy copy/paste or
> leftover edit - but I didn't read the wiki

So at this point I'm still left wondering what I'm supposed to do instead of
the grub thing so that the boot information is correctly mirrored on to the
other RAID1 device.

In other words, what *should* the wiki say instead of having the incorrect set
of instructions that refer to grub?

I'll happily try to amend the wiki once someone tells me what the correct
steps are. Writing boot information isn't a process that should contain any
guesswork, so if someone can provide authoritative, complete and precise
instructions I can try to update the wiki to ensure that the next newcomer to
arch doesn't find himself as stuck at this point as I am.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR