[arch-general] back up /var/log before shutdown

Gaetan Bisson bisson at archlinux.org
Wed Jun 20 05:23:49 EDT 2012

[2012-06-20 11:08:37 +0200] Arno Gaboury:
> I fully understand these 3 lines, and thought it was not a
> complicated way to back up /var/log at shutdown. But as it seems
> there is much simplier way, I will then investigate.

I did not say those three lines were complicated; quite the opposite. My
point was that if you cannot understand them, you should not be doing
anything involving partitioning, experimental file systems such as
BTRFS, etc.

But since you do understand them, you can determine for yourself whether
they actually are an acceptable solution to your problem.

Cheers.

--
Gaetan