[arch-general] tmp files no longer removed

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 20 14:09:24 EDT 2012

> I've
> just tried to run systemd-tmpfiles manually and it seems that it is
> not able to do even a simple task such as rm -rf /tmp/*.

For my own understanding is it possible to add an exec line to these
systemd files like for the inittab replacements getty.service so that
you can add anything you like such as /bin/rm -R /tmp/.* /tmp/* to any
systemd unit. I know the systemd author wants rid of shell altogether
but I'm pretty confident and hoping that will never be allowed to
happen.

I like the goal of cross platform and eventually a single gui tool
(arches simple list is far better though) but the full systemd such as
fedora uses certainly seems a chore and non intuitive on the console
compared to /etc/inittab editing.