[arch-general] [aur-general]pipe log msg on conky window

Arno Gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 15:53:48 EDT 2012

Dear all,

as I was configuring a conky window on my desktop, I decided to add some
precisions and tips for configuring the *.conkyrc* file in the Arch WIKI.

Reading any /var/log file needs to be root, thus making difficult to run
any home config file with read access to log files. My turnaround is to
*$chown root:log /var/log* then *$usermod -aG log username*.
Security wise, I do not know if this can bring serious potential breach
in the system. If yes, please tell me as I will NOT let this turnaround
in the WIKI.
What would be a safer solution to read the log files in my conky window?

Regards.

**